Join Our Team!
Are you an interior designer and ever wake up in the middle of the night thinking about a current design project? Us too. It’s like we just can’t escape the intoxication of creating good design, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Does this resonate with you?
Perhaps you’re at a crossroads and looking to grow your career. NCIDQ Certification is in your future, and you’re desperate for the opportunity to design stunning projects with purpose.
At Innovatus Design, we’re a client-centric interior design firm. We’re solution-oriented, creating spaces that are unique to each client. We view each project we get to work on, and each client we get to work with as a gift. We wouldn’t get to live our dream without them!
This is a hybrid role based in the Chicagoland area. You’ll work from home, meet in an office part-time, and be on-site with clients and vendors. We have fun, we work hard, and it’s really difficult to get bored at our firm. To succeed, you need to be able to juggle several projects at once, but don’t worry, we have a training plan and ramp-up time because we’re invested in your success as a design professional.
- Assist in selecting FF&E for projects
- Assist in preparing mood boards for design presentations in Adobe InDesign
- AutoCAD drafting
- Participate in project budget creation for design projects
- Ordering finish and material samples
- Assist in preparing for client meetings
- Lead small design projects and virtual design projects
- Will work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Participate in vendor coordination
- Coordinates with Innovatus Design team members for project success
- Maintains material library
- Other responsibilities as required
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Interior Design
- 1+ years of experience in residential or commercial interior design
- Working knowledge of current building code and accessibility guidelines
- High proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Excel, and Google Drive
- Proficiency in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Working towards NCIDQ Certification*
- Rendering experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (required)
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
*While working at Innovatus Design, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your interior design skills through mentorship by our principal, Heather Mastrangeli. All hours worked contribute to NCIDQ Exam eligibility under her leadership.
Send your resume, cover letter, and work samples to Heather’s attention: Info@InnovatusDesign.com